A recipe for when your usual breakfast gets a little too boring!
As I previously mentioned, sweet potatoes are everryyyything to me. They can be sweet, savory,
and seriously NEVER disappoint!
So, if I’m being completely honest here, my go-to easy breakfast is the basic, dreaded avocado toast. I know, I know, I’m so original. But hey! Another fool-proof, always delicious breakfast, don’t knock it ’til ya try it. BUT, today my avo’s weren’t quite toast-ready.
As I rummage through my cabinets and refrigerator for something else to satisfy my early morning carb cravings… POTATOES. And sugar?
There’s really no need to explain my thought process, but — sweet potatoes… casarole… thanksgiving… and here we are: ooey gooey sugary sweet potato breakfast skillet.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Homefries
- Heat coconut oil in skillet (cast-iron preffered)
- Add potatoes and veggie broth and cover to steam potatoes
- After a few minutes add coconut sugar, salt, and vanilla, stir and continue to steam. Add water as needed to prevent sticking and continue steaming, stir occasionally.
- Cook covered until potatoes are fork tender.
- Enjoy! When plating be sure to get all the gooey sugar off the pan, nomnomnom!
Nourish your body with whole foods made with love,
Like, comment, and share! Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss any recipes or posts.